Title: Stift Säusenstein
Language: Deutsch
Authors: Klammer, Gerald 
Qualification level: Diploma
Advisor: Plakolm, Sabine 
Issue Date: 2021
Citation: 
Klammer, G. (2021). Stift Säusenstein [Diploma Thesis, Technische Universität Wien]. reposiTUm. https://doi.org/10.34726/hss.2021.75160
Number of Pages: 308
Qualification level: Diploma
Abstract: 
Die ehemalige Zisterzinserabtei liegt am Fuße der Donau in Säusenstein, einem Ortsteil der Stadtgemeinde Ybbs an der Donau. Gegründet durch das Geschlecht der „Herren von Wallsee“ reicht die Historie der Klosteranlage bis in das 14. Jahrhundert zurück. Nachanfänglichem raschen Aufstieg führten Ereignisse wie, die Türkenkriege, Plünderungen, Reformation und Gegenreformation sowie der Dreißigjährige Krieg die Abtei mehrfach an den Rand der Vernichtung. Mit Beginn des 18. Jahrhunderts erlebte das Kloster jedoch wieder eine Phase des Aufschwungs und es kam zu regen Bautätigkeiten, welche zur größten Ausdehnung des Klosters führten, ehe dieses 1789 im Zuge der einsetzenden Säkularisation unter Kaiser Joseph II. schließlich aufgehoben wurde. Das vormals aus zwei Höfen und einer Kirche bestehende Kloster, weist heute nur mehr den Ost-Trakt sowie Reste der Verbindungsflügel zum West-Trakt auf. Die Theresienkapelle, das sogenannte Prälatenstöckl, einem am Donau-Ufer gelegenem Wehrturm sowie Teile des Klostergartens sind ebenfalls erhalten geblieben. Ziel der Diplomarbeit ist die Erarbeitung eines Objektkataloges welcher zum einen eine umfassende Dokumentation des erhaltenen Bestandes, zum anderen die Baugeschichte der ehemaligen Zisterzinserabtei behandelt.

The former Cistercian abbey is located at the foot of the Danube in Säusenstein, a district of the municipality of Ybbs on the Danube. The monastery complex was founded by the“Herren von Wallsee” and its history dates back to the 14th century. After the initial rapidrise in construction, events such as the Turkish wars, looting, the Reformation and Counter-Reformation, and the Thirty Years‘ War led the abbey to the brink of annihilation several times. At the beginning of the 18th century, however, the monastery experienced another phase of upswing in which a lot of construction work was done, which led to the largest expansion of the monastery before it was finally abolished in 1789 in the course of the onset of secularization under Emperor Joseph II.From the original monastery, which used to consist of two court yards and a church, only the east wing and remnants of the connecting wing to the west wing have remained.The Theresienkapelle, the so-called Prälatenstöckl, a defensive tower on the banks of the Danube and parts of the monastery garden have also been preserved.The aim of the diploma thesis is to develop a object catalog, which comprises a comprehensive documentation of the existing holdings, and presents the construction history of the former Cistercian abbey.
Keywords: Stift Säusenstein
Cistercian Abbey Säusenstein
URI: https://doi.org/10.34726/hss.2021.75160
http://hdl.handle.net/20.500.12708/17266
DOI: 10.34726/hss.2021.75160
Library ID: AC16191987
Organisation: E251 - Institut für Kunstgeschichte, Bauforschung und Denkmalpflege 
Publication Type: Thesis
Hochschulschrift
Appears in Collections:Thesis

Files in this item:


Page view(s)

48
checked on Oct 11, 2021

Download(s)

104
checked on Oct 11, 2021

Google ScholarTM

Check


Items in reposiTUm are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.