Title: Zur Architektur und Entwicklung historischer Elektrizitätswerke : am Beispiel der Generatorhalle der Berndorfer Metallwarenfabrik
Other Titles: Architecture and development of historic power stations illustrated by the example of the electric power plant of the Berndorfer Metallwarenfabrik
Language: Deutsch
Authors: Seidel, Sabine 
Qualification level: Diploma
Advisor: Stadler, Gerhard 
Issue Date: 2014
Number of Pages: 123
Qualification level: Diploma
Abstract: 
Das Hauptaugenmerk dieser Arbeit richtet sich auf den einzigen noch bestehenden Teil des 1905 erbauten Elektrizitätswerks der Berndorfer Metallwarenfabrik, das auch die Stadtgemeinde Berndorf mit Strom versorgte. Dieses Maschinenhaus ist die Halle, in der früher die Generatoren Platz fanden. Durch Aufzeigen des Grades der Elektrifizierung des österreichischen Teils der Monarchie sowie des Kronlandes Niederösterreich im Speziellen wird die Relevanz der Berndorfer Anlage und deren Ausstattung in wirtschaftlicher und technischer Sicht verdeutlicht. Durch Heranziehen von ausgesuchten Vergleichsbeispielen wird das Gebäude in einen bautechnischen Kontext gesetzt und die Besonderheit der Grundrissdisposition der Gesamtanlage erörtert. Hierzu wird auch die Entwurfsaufgabe Industriebau im Allgemeinen in den Vergleich miteinbezogen, um die damals vorherrschende Problematik der Gratwanderung zwischen ästhetisch ansprechendem und wirtschaftlich funktionalistischem Entwurf aufzuzeigen. Um die historischen Rahmenbedingungen aus technischer Sicht darzustellen, widmet sich ein nicht unwesentlicher Teil der Arbeit der geschichtlichen Entwicklung von Elektrizitätswerken im Allgemeinen. Den Abschluss bildet ein konzeptioneller Entwurf, der die Möglichkeiten der zeitgemäßen Nachnutzung aufzeigt.

The only remaining part of the power station of the Berndorfer Metallwarenfabrik dating from 1905, which supplied the municipality Berndorf with electricity, is the building which originally housed the generators. The main focus of this thesis lies on this historic engine house. Due to a demonstration of the degree of electrification of the Austrian part of the monarchy, and in addition, the Crown Land Lower Austria the relevance of Berndorf´s electric power plant and its equipment is illustrated from an economic and technical perspective. By showing selected comparative examples the building is set in a structurally engineered context and the uniqueness of the floor plan disposition of the entire system is illustrated. The task of building an adequate housing for industrial functions is included in the comparison to highlight the problem of bridging the gap between aesthetically pleasing and economically functionalist design. To exemplify the historical conditions from a technical point of view, a considerable proportion of the work is devoted to the historical development of power plants in general. The conclusion is a conceptual design that shows the possibilities of contemporary reuse.
Keywords: Elektrizitätswerke; Metallwarenfabrik
Power stations; Metallwarenfabrik
URI: https://resolver.obvsg.at/urn:nbn:at:at-ubtuw:1-62220
http://hdl.handle.net/20.500.12708/8214
Library ID: AC12119368
Organisation: E251 - Institut für Kunstgeschichte, Bauforschung und Denkmalpflege 
Publication Type: Thesis
Hochschulschrift
Appears in Collections:Thesis

Files in this item:

Show full item record

Page view(s)

6
checked on May 11, 2021

Download(s)

123
checked on May 11, 2021

Google ScholarTM

Check


Items in reposiTUm are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.