Title: Schlossruine Achau : Bestandsaufnahme und Revitalisierung
Other Titles: Castle ruin Achau - structural survey and revitalization
Language: Deutsch
Authors: Kossina, Alexandra 
Qualification level: Diploma
Advisor: Caviezel, Nott 
Assisting Advisor: Grandits, Doris 
Issue Date: 2019
Number of Pages: 193
Qualification level: Diploma
Abstract: 
Das Schloss Achau ist ein ehemaliges Wasserschloss in Achau, südlich von Wien im Bezirk Mödling. Es befindet sich im Ortskern, nahe dem Mühlbach. Die erste urkundliche Erwähnung des Schlosses erfolgte bereits im 12. Jahrhundert. 1732 gelangte das Schloss durch Kauf in den Besitz der Familie Moser aus Ebenfurth, die bis heute noch unter dem Namen Suttner die Eigentümer des Schlosses sind. 1840 fand ein großer Umbau statt und 1930 führte man eine Fassadenrestaurierung durch. Während des Zweiten Weltkrieges gehörte das Schloss im neuen 24.Bezirk Mödling zu Groß-Wien. Es wurde bis 1945 bewohnt, jedoch nach einem Bombentreffer brannte es kurz vor Kriegsende aus. Seitdem ist teilweise von einer Schlossruine zu sprechen. Es ist ein vierflügeliger, dreigeschossiger Bau, der einen rechteckigen Hof einschließt. Im Südosten befindet sich ein fünfgeschossiger Turm, der wiederhergestellt wurde und heute als Archiv genutzt wird. Der Rest des Gebäudes steht seither leer, ist verwahrlost, sanierungsbedürftig und wird nur mit temporären Sicherungen vor dem Verfall geschützt. Eine Bauaufnahme, sowie eine historische Untersuchung des Schlosses dienen als Grundlage für ein denkmalpflegerisches Sanierungsund Nutzungskonzept. Das seit über 70 Jahren nicht mehr bewohnte Schloss soll wieder belebt und soweit gesichert werden, um es langfristig zu erhalten.

The Achau Castle is a former castle surrounded by moats in Achau, south of Vienna in the district Mödling. It is located in the center, near the Mühlbach. The first documentary mention of the castle took place already in the 12th century. The castle was bought in 1732 by the Moser family, residents of Ebenfurth, known today under the name Suttner and remained in their possession till the present. A major renovation took place in 1840 and by 1930 a facade restoration was carried out. During the Second World War, Mödling became the 24th district of “Groß-Wien“. The castle was inhabited until 1945, however it burned down after a bomb hit, shortly before the end of the war. Since then, it is partially a ruined castle. It is a four-winged, three-floor building that includes a rectangular courtyard. In the southeast is a five-floor tower, which has been restored and is now used as an archive. The rest of the building is empty, neglected, in need of refurbishment and is only protected from decay by temporary solutions. A construction survey, as well as a historical investigation of the castle should serve as the basis for a preservation and conservation concept. The castle, which has not been inhabited for over 70 years, is to be revived and secured to the point of preserving it for the longterm.
Keywords: Mödling; Suttner; Burg; Schloss; Ruine; Park; Bauforschung; Denkmalpflege; Revitalisierung; Umnutzung
Mödling; Suttner; Castle; Ruin; Park; Building Research; Monuments Preservation; Revitalization; Conversion
URI: https://resolver.obvsg.at/urn:nbn:at:at-ubtuw:1-123623
http://hdl.handle.net/20.500.12708/8462
Library ID: AC15348978
Organisation: E251 - Institut für Kunstgeschichte, Bauforschung und Denkmalpflege 
Publication Type: Thesis
Hochschulschrift
Appears in Collections:Thesis

Files in this item:

Show full item record

Page view(s)

90
checked on Jun 14, 2021

Download(s)

269
checked on Jun 14, 2021

Google ScholarTM

Check


Items in reposiTUm are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.